Suicide Prevention Hotline – 1-800-273-8255
SAMHSA Hotline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
War Vet Call Center – 1-877-WAR-VETS (1-877-927-8387)
- Confidential call center where combat veterans and their families can discuss military experiences or any other issues they are facing readjusting to civilian life
Women Veterans Call Center – 1-855-VA-WOMEN (1-855-829-6636)
- Provides VA services and resources to women veterans, their families, and caregivers
- Call 1-855-VA-Women (1-855-829-6636) 8 a.m.–10 p.m. ET, Monday–Friday;8 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET, Saturday.
- Chat 8 a.m.–10 p.m. ET Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET, Saturday.
Real Warriors – 1-866-966-1020
- Program through the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury that provides info and resources for PTSD, traumatic brain injury, and psychological health
504 Health Net
- Organization that helps individuals locate primary care services that are convenient and accessible
- Call (504) 206-6275 or (504) 507-5112 to speak with someone who can search for a clinic near you
- Go to healthyhospitality.com or 504healthnet.org to find a clinic on your own
- Catholic center for the community with medical clinic (T,W,F 10a-1p) and psychiatry services (T,F 10a-12p). Also with lunch, showers, toiletries, restrooms, haircuts, mail, phone room, computer access, financial assistance, groceries, fresh food bank, and legal services.
- Location: 1802 Tulane Ave. New Orleans, LA
- Phone: 70112 504-273-5547
- Behavioral health requires an internal referral – offer primary care, pediatrics, behavioral health, dental, preventative services, HIV services, transgender health, women’s health, hepatitis C services, legal, insurance enrollment
- Location: 1631 Elysian Fields, New Orleans, LA 70117
- Phone: 504-207-2273
- Location: 3308 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119
- Phone: 844-315-2273
- Website: Crescentcarehealth.org
New Orleans Family Justice Center
- Requiring appointments during pandemic (no longer taking walk-ins). Services available to anyone who has experienced or been impacted by trauma, including gun violence, domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, child abuse, or human trafficking. Services are free and offered in English/Spanish. Services include crisis services, advocacy and case management, legal, counseling, healing activities, youth and teens, and Hope Clinic.
- Location: 701 Loyola Ave #201 New Orleans, LA 70113
- Phone: 504-592-4005
- Website: nofjc.org
Metropolitan Human Services District
- Intellectual/Developmental disability services: expenses, respite, facilities, behavioral support, psychiatric services, crisis.
- Child/Youth: early childhood, psychiatric, mental health/substance abuse, diagnostic testing, psychosocial interventions, school-based prevention.
- Support: employment training and placement, housing, medical supplies, transportation.
- Mission: ensure person-centered supports and services are available and provided to eligible individuals with mental illness, addictive disorders and intellectual/developmental disabilities in Orleans, Plaquemines and St. Bernard parishes.
- M-F 8a-4:30p
- Location: 3100 General De Gaulle Drive, New Orleans, LA 70114
- Phone: 504-568-3130
- CRISIS LINE: 504-826-2675
- Website: https://www.mhsdla.org/
- HIV Outpatient Program serves as a medical home for people living with HIV. Services include social services, behavioral health, dental care, health education, nutrition education, lab services, dental services, and medication assistance. Specialty services include women’s health services, pain management, diabetes management, lung and breathing management, and oncology services.
- Location: Ambulatory Care Building, Fourth Floor, 4C Clinic, 2000 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70112
- Phone: 504-702-4344
- Website: www.umcno.org/programs-services/infectious-disease-services/
- Provide supportive counseling and tools needed for youth to become independent, productive members of society. Services include shelter, meals, clothes, behavioral health, substance abuse, vocational assessments, job assistance, case management, housing assistance, financial assistance, education.
- Location: 611 North Rampart St New Orleans, LA 70112
- Phone: 504-584-1111
- Website: covenanthousenola.org
Odyssey House Community Health Clinic
- Primary care, behavioral health, diabetes education & treatment, hypertension treatment, women’s health (excluding OB), nutrition counseling, HIV screening, phlebotomy on site, addiction recovery services
- Accepts Medicaid, Medicare and Self Pay/Sliding Fee Scale
- Monday-Friday 8a-5p, Saturday: appointment only
- Location: 1125 North Tonti, New Orleans, LA 70119
- Phone: 504-821-9211
- AFTER HOURS: 504-821-9211
- Website: https://www.ohlcommunityclinic.org/
Family Friendly Mental Health
- NAMI of New Orleans is an organization of families, friends and individuals whose lives have been affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for better lives for those individuals who have a mental illness.
- 1538 Louisiana Ave
- NOLA 70115
- Website: https://namineworleans.org
NAMI- West Bank
- 2051 8th Street
- Harvey, LA 70058
Tulane- Fourth Trimester & Beyond Clinic
- Fourth Trimester & Beyond provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of perinatal mood & anxiety disorders for women across the peripartum experience.
- 4000 Bienville Street, Suite G
- New Orleans, LA 70119
- Webpage: https://medicine.tulane.edu/tulane-doctors/behavioral-health/mid-city-clinic
Center for Hope Child & Family Services
- The Center for Hope Child & Family Services is an outpatient behavioral health facility which treats patients with mental illness and offers a variety of mental health-related services for the community.
- 5630 Crowder Blvd, Suite 208
- NOLA 70127
Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority Metairie, East Jefferson
- 3616 S I-10 Service Rd W Suite 100
- Metairie, LA 70001
Metropolitan Human Services District Hotline
- 3100 General de Gaulle Dr
- NOLA 70114
- Website: https://www.mhsdla.org/
Chartes-Pontchartrain Behavioral Health Center
- 719 Elysian Fields Ave
- NOLA 70117
Volunteers of America
- 4152 Canal Street
- NOLA 70119
The Guidance Center
- 330 N Jefferson Davis Pkwy
- NOLA 70119
Shared Hearts Mental Health Services
- 4480 Gen DeGaulle
- Suite 206
- NOLA 70131